Thursday, June 25, 2009

underground

I have come to love being "the woman of the house" so to speak... Kirstin is staying here too, so I'm not quite my lonesome, however, I adore cooking for a group of people that love each other, love the Lord, and appreciate your doings. I just love it. I have loved unloading the dishwasher, re-arranging the refrigerator to make more room and pulling out all the "shit" that is disgustingly backed up into the drain - which lacks a compactor. I love it!
This week is one of the greatest - we are, literally, glued to this 150 year old home in Media, Pennsylvania. This specific house was utilized, uniquely, as an active link to the underground railroad. There is a hidden staircase near the side of the kitchen and a hidden room on the second floor of this unbearably historical 3 story house (with a dungeon included in it's musty basement). This house helped slaves find freedom! How awesome is that to think about?

We have done a lot of.... nothing. This week has consisted of waking up whenever you darn-well-please and sitting on the porch, watching "Heroes" and "Planet Earth", reading books that you can't set down - as if there's literal glue keeping your eyes pasted to it's pages. The only schedule we have had to keep is knowing that we are busy from 6-8pm everyday for VBS. : ) That's it. : ) What a fabulous way to begin Summer Min! ; ) Sabbath weeks are crucial! Right?!

This is so awkward. I'm sitting on the toilet right now - I peed like 5 minutes ago, but I'm really, really, really comfortable... So I really do not think I will move until I finish typing this. I'm silly.

Today, my best friend had a really tough and stressful day (which might be a severe understatement). In all honesty, it was probably one of his very worst; resulting from a buildup of not knowing exactly how he was going to make ends meet or where he should venture off to make them.
Severe uncertainty resolves itself once the uncertain thinker and doer ultimately abandons himself and focuses on the good of others instead of watching their "whole life crumble before their eyes" and being so worked up and tangled up in that selfish, vicious circle - rather, selling the things they own (not just literally speaking) and recollecting all of their gains, and in response - counting them as loss... laying the "Jezebel tendencies" to the ground, and going after the Lord; earnestly, diligently, expectantly, and hungry. Hungry to love him, hungry to serve him, hungry to be humbled and broken before him. I have been a blessed, changed person by watching this beauty unfold in this man's heart right before my eyes. I love being able to be somebody's best friend through this endearing process as well. (and YES, that means being selfless enough to sit and listen to them sort through their racing mind's thoughts and their painful hinderances!! Without complaining - or fussing about "being used"). ((---that's just a side note for certain people.. excuse me---))

I love being able to come behind this loved one, and simply listening with a good, caring set of ears and pray for him; tremendously, numerously and whole-heartedly. Yeah - I've got issues. Yeah - I'm not perfect. Yeah - I'm broken. Yeah - I'm empty. But my prayers DO matter, and my life IS being used... and this relationship is glorifying, pleasing and holy.
Praise the Lord for making all things new, and for the power HE has to restore ourselves, our lives, our broken hopes, relationships and hearts. & making them even more beautiful - more breathtaking for his glory.



This is an old Irish Blessing... & I think it's quite enjoyable.

May you always have...
Walls for the winds
A roof for the rain
Tea beside the fire
Laughter to cheer you
Those you love near you
And all your heart might desire.



Come & listen - calm the waters that draw you; who know and fear the Lord.
Let me tell you *show you* what he has done for me; done for you.
done for us.

No comments: